BPsych (Hons), PhD
Jill is involved in the development of the RISKGATE project, which is a website providing an expert body of knowledge of safety controls to assist the Australian coal mining industry in the management of unwanted events. Ancillary projects include the comparative analysis of fatality, injury and high potential incidents in coal mines in Australia and other regions of the world, the investigation of corporate sustainability reports of mining companies across international mining regions and the well-being of ‘fly- in fly- out’ (FIFO) miners.Prior to joining MISHC, Jill had over 10 years’ experience recruiting, testing and analysing the data of vulnerable populations of children, young adults and adults experiencing physical (i.e. profoundly hearing impaired, stroke, advanced cancer, velocardiofacial syndrome, dementia) or mental health challenges.
- Kamke, Marc R., Van Luyn, Jeanette, Constantinescu, Gabriella and Harris, Jill (2014) Contingent capture of involuntary visual spatial attention does not differ between normally hearing children and proficient cochlear implant users. Restorative Neurology and Neuroscience, 32 6: 799-811. doi:10.3233/RNN-140399
- McCabe, Kathryn Louise, Atkinson, Rebbekah Josephine, Cooper, Gavin, Melville, Jessica Lauren, Harris, Jill, Schall, Ulrich, Loughland, Carmel Maree, Thienel, Renate and Campbell, Linda Elisabet (2014) Pre-pulse inhibition and antisaccade performance indicate impaired attention modulation of cognitive inhibition in 22q11.2 deletion syndrome (22q11DS). Journal of Neurodevelopmental Disorders, 6 1: 38.1-38.16. doi:10.1186/1866-1955-6-38
- Harris, Jill and Kamke, Marc (2014) Electrophysiological evidence for altered visual, but not auditory, selective attention in adolescent cochlear implant users. International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology, 78 11: 1908-1916. doi:10.1016/j.ijporl.2014.08.023
- Kamke, Marc R. and Harris, Jill (2014) Contingent capture of involuntary visual attention interferes with detection of auditory stimuli. Frontiers in Psychology, 5 528: 1-7. doi:10.3389/fpsyg.2014.00528
- Kirsch, Philipp, Sprott, Darren, Harris, Jill and Ribeiro-Duthie, Ana Cristina (2014) RISKGATE: a new software for the mining industry risk management. Revista da Escola de Minas, 67 2: 229-231. doi:10.1590/S0370-44672014000200016
- Kirsch, Philipp, Barclay, Mary-Anne, Everingham, Jo-Anne, Harris, Jill and Shi, Meng (2014) Big pay cheques not enough to retain FIFO workers. Australian Resources and Investment, 8 1: 114-116.
- Kirsch, Philipp, Harris, Jill, Sprott, Darren and Calderón, Ángela (2014) RISKGATE y operaciones en minas de carbón en Australia. Medicina y Seguridad del Trabajo, 60 235: 290-303. doi:10.4321/S0465-546X2014000200002